Oh piss off they never killed that many people in the first place.  How Daily Mail is this rubbish out of the BBC?  OH MY GOD DO WE NEED TO BE TERRORISED BY PEN TOPS AS WELL, JESUS CHRIST SOMEBODY COMMENT BACK TO ME TO ADVISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Family want plastic pen tops ban

Ben Stirland

Ben Stirland died in January

The parents of a County Durham schoolboy, who choked to death on a
plastic pen top, are stepping up their campaign to get them banned.

Ben Stirland, 13, from Consett, died in January, after swallowing the pen top while doing homework.

His parents vowed to get the tops banned after they said
one acted “like a fish hook” when it became lodged in the teenager’s

A charity ball on Saturday aims to highlight their campaign.

The youngster’s school, Moorside Community Technology College, banned plastic pen tops after the tragedy.

But his parents, Nathalie and David Hodgson, want a wider ban.

‘Biggest concern’

They have organised a charity ball to highlight their
campaign and to raise cash for Newcastle General Hospital, where Ben
was treated for two days before he died.

Mrs Hodgson, 38, said: “Ben was very outgoing and popular at school and just loved having a laugh.

“What Ben was doing that day, chewing his pen, is what thousands of people do every day.

“Our initial and main aim is to get the pen lids banned.

“Our biggest concern is that the safety air hole and the
clip, which you clip on to your jumper, acted almost like a fish hook
and was difficult to remove from his throat.”

Since Ben’s death the family have approached various
organisations, including the British Standards Institute and the
Writing Instruments Association, in an effort to persuade manufacturers
to stop producing pens with removable plastic tops.

Originally published at Кевин.com.ua. You can comment here or there.

Listening to:

Vibe: NoMoodTag

LJ ItemID: 1052687